Extend USB connections beyond the desktop, as far as 130 feet over CAT5, to two USB devices.
- Reliably extend USB 1.0 or 2.0 signaling over CAT5 cable to remote USB devices.
- Bus powered. No external AC adapter needed at either end.
- Industrial rated for ESD immunity.
- Supports both Full-Speed (12-Mbps) and Low-Speed (1.5-Mbps) throughput.
- Works with all major operating systems (Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®).
- Includes 6-foot (1.8-m) USB cable for transmitter-to-host computer connection.
- Plug-and-play. No software drivers to load.
Use CAT5 cable to extend connections to USB peripherals such as keyboards, mice, interactive whiteboards, and other devices without the need for external power adapters.
The extender’s transmitter receives power from the host computer, making it ideal for extensions in industrial control, sensor, or data acquisition applications where you are short on power outlets. The extender supplies up to 400 mA to USB devices and is industrial rated for ESD/EFT (electrostatic discharge/electrically fast transient) immunity.
Also, the extender’s receiver has two downstream USB Type A ports for plugging in USB 1.1 or 2.0 devices. The extender supports 130-foot (40 m) extensions over non-networked CAT5 cabling, but for some low-speed HID devices (keyboards and mice, for instance), it can go as far as 278 feet (85 m).
What’s more, it’s easy to set up with no need to add any software to your system or target devices. Simply attach the transmitter to your computer’s USB port, plug in the CAT5 cable, attach the remote USB peripheral to the receiver, and begin transmitting.